sexy static content server for express.
npm install express-sexy-static
var expressSexyStatic = require('express-sexy-static'); app.use(new expressSexyStatic(__dirname + '/public'));
Not just files
SexyStatic is a combinition of
connect.static and more within a simple middleware. Just use it with:
app.use(expressSexyStatic(__dirname + '/public'));
View like a pro
SexyStatic is not just a static file server. It can also view documents in a friendly way.
All supported friendly views:
- images: simple preview
- html pages: preview via iframe
- text file and source code: view source via ajax
- markdown: preview single markdown file and README.md (rendered via marked in browser)
A few crafted sexy themes are shiped with SexyStatic. Try them and pick one.
View all themes at http://sexystatic.micy.in/#themes.
You can also define custom template for SexyStatic! To use your custom template:
- View an existing theme for template data reference.
- Prepare a template (ejs/jade/.. whatever you can render in express) into your own view path, and make sure it doesn't have the same name as any existing theme
- Set your template name as
themeoption, then done!